Thank you for your interest in bringing Ekar’s educational programming into your school, organization, or community! We will update our educational offerings as the seasons change and learn alongside you all about what works best.
EKAR EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS: FALL 2016
The following outline below gives a preview of Ekar Farm’s educational offerings for the Fall 2016 school year. We can conduct these lessons in your classroom, organizational garden, or on our farm (depending on the season). If you are interested in scheduling an Ekar Educator to provide lessons on the following topics or projects for your students in grades K-12, please complete our form online after reviewing the options below. We are flexible and happy to adapt our programming based on the needs of your students, curriculum, and objectives! If you have any questions or want more details about the offerings below, contact Margot Sands (Ekar’s Lead Educator) at email@example.com.
*These stars indicate months when we offer field trips to the farm.
Want to include Jewish components in your programming? Click here for our Jewish-centered curriculum.
Bees & Pollination
· Flower Dissection
· Honey Tasting
· Pollinator Tag Game
Plant Parts Party
· Enjoy the harvest by using farm-fresh ingredients in a hands-on recipe
· Learning the types and purposes of parts of a plant/veggie
· Experimenting with different plant parts to learn about their functions
|Fall Produce Harvest|
Garlic Planting &
Preserving the Harvest
· Option to plant garlic in school gardens
· Experience garlic life cycle and health benefits
· Preserve farm-fresh veggies through fermentation, pickling, and/or canning methods (e.g. pickles, sauerkraut, jam, etc.)
|Garlic Planting &
Entering Winter Hibernation
& Hunger Disparities
· Farm to Fork Food System Activities (following the life of a potato)
· Family Meals Around the World
· Finding solutions: How can we build a more just food system?
|Winter Season: A Time of Reflection|