Jewish Explorers, a program of JEWISHcolorado and PJ Library JEWISHcolorado, which are programs of JEWISHcolorado, are excited to once again partner with Ekar Farm to host our annual Honey & Tzedakah Harvest! Together, this event helps unite families to celebrate Rosh Hashanah as a community through fun and meaningful Tzedakah and holiday-themed activities.
At this year’s event, you can look forward to:
• Live Bee Hive Honey Harvest – a live demonstration of how to safely retrieve honey from fresh honey comb
• PJ Story Time – enjoy Rosh Hashanah-themed stories and receive one new PJ Library book per family!
• Taste the Honey Rainbow – sample different types of honey that range in color, taste, and variety from across Colorado
• Farm Fresh Fruit Snacks – interactive cooking stations with Ekar-grown fruits to taste the local sweetness of Rosh Hashanah
• Worm Bin Tashlich – compost the last year and harvest something for the new year to come!
• Tzedakah Projects
o Harvest organic produce to give as tzedakah to the Weinberg Food Pantry at Jewish Family Services
o Collect gently used children’s books for Jewish Family Services
o Create apple-print Tzedakah boxes to bring this learning home
Where better than a Jewish urban farm to celebrate Sukkot!?!
Activities will include:
-harvesting a wide variety of fall and winter crops like squash, gourds, and pumpkins of all shapes and sizes
-decorating the Sukkah
-creating DIY Lulav & Etrog with a local flair
-seed saving and seed-butter churning
-storytime with Jewish Explorers & PJ Library, where each family will receive a new book for their home collection!
-fresh apple cider pressing station, and much more!
Come take part in Ekar’s end of the season harvest and celebrate our 8th season of growing and giving.
$25 per family, bring your own dairy picnic lunch to enjoy on the farm!
Beginning the first Sunday of June, Ekar Farm will be open for drop-in volunteers to get their hands dirty and connect with their food!
Come by the farm any time on a Sunday from 9 a.m. til 12 p.m. to lend a helping hand in growing food for the hungry.
If you have a big group of people you’d like to bring on a Sunday, let us know in advance by signing up online here.
During our Days in the Dirt, Ekar Farm’s Lead Educator will provide 30 minutes of FREE fun, family farm projects starting at 10 am for kids ages 4-10! Each week we will explore farm themes like worms, bees, seeds, and more with hands-on, kid-friendly learning activities.
Share Days in the Dirt with your friends on Facebook here!