Quick Refrigerator Pickles
Why wait longer than you need to enjoy delicious pickles? Wait no longer with this simple recipe:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 1-pint wide-mouth mason jars with lids
- 1 pound small cucumbers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 small chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large handful fresh dill
WHAT TO DO:
- Wash two mason jars and lids in hot soapy water, rinse, and let air dry.
- Quarter the cucumbers into four slices each, lengthwise. Cut 3 cloves garlic in half. If desired, slice 4 chili peppers in half and add to the jars.
- In a spare mason jar or covered container, combine 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1½ tablespoons kosher salt and ⅔ cup white vinegar. Tightly close the lid and shake vigorously until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add 1 cup water to the mixture.
- In the two clean mason jars, tightly pack the cucumbers, garlic, fresh dill, and chili peppers (if using).
- Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers. Tap the jars on the counter to release any air bubbles and top off the jar with extra water if any cucumbers are exposed.
- Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Leave the jars in the fridge for 24 hours before tasting. The pickles last up to one month refrigerated.